Alpha, the brainwave helps you cope with stress.
Overwhelmed pressures occur in people at the executive and managerial levels. The high demands of meetings, project planning, and large reports for the board, not to mention the stressors at home.
Thus, “raising your alpha” is the secret to stress management, helping reduce stress and anxiety, allowing you to maintain more focus.
The brain generates alpha brainwaves at a frequency of 8-12 Hz. Brainwaves are electrical impulses that travel between neurons and transmit actions, emotions, and ideas which are divided into five types of brain waves. Alpha is one of the brain waves that is frequently connected with focus and being in a meditative state.
When you’re daydreaming, meditating, or practising mindfulness, you’re likely to experience alpha waves. Using this type of brain wave may help alleviate depression and boost creativity, according to recent studies.
1. Meditating : There are numerous health benefits to meditation, and it has been shown to improve alpha waves, so it should be added as a part of your daily practice calendar at the very least.
2. Deep breathing : Anxiety can be eased by doing deep breathing exercises. In addition, studies have shown that it may significantly boost alpha activity in specific brain regions.
3. Practising mindfulness : Mindfulness training has been shown in studies to boost alpha wave activity, and some research suggests that this practice may improve outcomes suffering from chronic pain, anxiety, or depression.
4. Yoga :Regular yoga practice has been linked to an increase in alpha wave activity in the brain, which is connected with a more calm frame of mind.
5. Aerobics : As alpha wave activity increases, it appears to alter the structure and function of the brain, enhancing learning in children, giving adults an advantage on cognitive tasks and protecting against cognitive deficits that commonly accompany ageing.
We’ve prepared at RAKxa for all activities to help serve your alpha boosting, such as Mindfulness Meditation, Pranayama Breathing, Body Awakening Yoga, Aqua Aerobic with Hand Buoy, and other activities to help you unwind in new and creative ways.